Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
Chevron: Protect the Protest’s Corporate Bully of the Year
Today, activists gathered outside Chevron’s annual meeting to tell CEO Michael Wirth that the company
The Term “Eco-Terrorist” is Being Used to Harass Activists
In an article for Grist, Justine Calma and Paola Rosa-Aquino discuss a 1990s tactic that
Pipeline Protester Fights Back Against Corporation’s Sprawling, Outlandish Lawsuit
BISMARCK, ND — Krystal Two Bulls, an Oglala Lakota and Northern Cheyenne U.S. army veteran and
The ‘Weed 9’ Rallies Against Corporate Water Grab and Legal Bullying
SPRINGFIELD, OREGON – Residents of Weed, California are rallying today outside the headquarters of Roseburg
U.S. House Committee Will Call Off “Witch Hunt” Against Environmental Groups
Throughout 2018, House Natural Resources Committee chairman Rob Bishop (R-UT) undertook a harassment campaign against
Facing a SLAPP Threat? Here are 10 Resources to Help You
Our democracy depends on checks and balances – and those who work to expose the
Energy Transfer Continues Aggressive Attempts to Silence Opposition: Greenpeace Report
WASHINGTON, DC, October 18, 2018 — A new Greenpeace USA report “Still Too Far: Energy
This New Coalition Protects Protesters’ Right to Civil Disobedience
Ben Paynter reports in Fast Company on the launch of the Protect the Protest task
Court Shuts Down Monsanto’s SLAPP Against Avaaz
A Manhattan judge has denied an effort by agribusiness giant Monsanto to subpoena communications and
Lawsuit Against Greenpeace Raises Freedom of Speech Concerns
Human Rights Watch discusses a SLAPP filed by Resolute Forest Products against Greenpeace and Stand.earth,
- « Previous
- Next »