Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
By Paul Paz y Miño This article was initially published on Amazon Watch Over the
Congress, International Groups Demand Chevron Stop Targeting Activists and Attorney General Garland to Release US
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 25, 2021 Press Conference Demanding Chevron Stop Targeting Activists Congress, International
Civil Rights Groups Submit Support Brief for Impact Investment Firm in Legal Battle With Private Prison Corporation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Francisco, California, October 22, 2021 Candide Group fighting defamation suit from notorious
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Protect the Protest task force presents third annual SLAPPies awards, dishonoring 2021’s
In reflecting on the last year, we at the Protect the Protest task force are
Three years of Protect the Protest, but the fight is not over! Three years ago
After decades of legal battles with Chevron, Steven Donziger has been convicted of six counts of
Justice must be served in the Amazon In an effort to shareChevron’s widespread harms in
Originally published via Amazon Watch By Paul Paz y Miño Yesterday, May 26th, was Chevron’s