Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
We stand unequivocally behind the right to protest. And we stand unequivocally behind the fact
In response to a violent mob attacking the Capitol to interfere with the democratic process
Supreme Court Amicus Brief in Support of Florida Community Advocate SLAPPed by Mining Company Submitted
Reposted from PTP members, Civil Liberties Defense Center. Eugene, OR—On Saturday, October 10th, CLDC and
“Can you be sued for trying to save the world?” Maggy Hurchalla Two years ago,
Protect the Protest task force members file amicus brief to the United States Court of
It was another busy year of legal intimidation, aggressive lawsuits, and bully tactics! Disgruntled corporations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Tongue-in-cheek SLAPPies honors worst legal bullies, including Chevron, Devin Nunes, and the
Stopping SLAPPs and defending dissent is more than a slogan. It is the way we
This week, a member of the Protect the Protest task force, the National Lawyers Guild,
Contact: Lauren Regan, CLDC(541) 687-9180 On May 15, 2020, Civil Liberties Defense Center’s (CLDC) Executive