Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
Steven Donziger Is Finally Free. Onward Toward Justice for the People of Ecuador!
By Paul Paz y MiñoOriginally published in Eye on the Amazon Today, human rights lawyer
Responding to Steven Donziger’s Conviction
After decades of legal battles with Chevron, Steven Donziger has been convicted of six counts of
Revoke Chevron’s License to Spill!
Justice must be served in the Amazon In an effort to shareChevron’s widespread harms in
The Chevron-Ecuador Case Is Critical to the Climate Justice Movement
Originally published via Amazon Watch By Paul Paz y Miño Yesterday, May 26th, was Chevron’s
Communities Demand Accountability and an End to Chevron’s Pollution
For Immediate Release May 21, 2021 Contacts: Shoshana Wechsler at firstname.lastname@example.org +1.510.332.4110 Nyunt Than at
A Letter to Southern NY Court: Open Donziger’s Trial
Chief Judge Laura Taylor SwainDaniel Patrick Moynihan United States CourthouseCourtroom 17C 500 Pearl St. New York, NY
AFTER FIVE-YEAR STRUGGLE, WEED, CA SECURES RIGHTS TO ITS SPRING WATER
March 11, 2021FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contacts:Jim Taylor, WCWC President 530-938-2080 email@example.comBruce Shoemaker, WCWC media liaison,
Supreme Court Amicus Brief in Support of Florida Community Advocate SLAPPed by Mining Company Submitted
Reposted from PTP members, Civil Liberties Defense Center. Eugene, OR—On Saturday, October 10th, CLDC and
Maggy Hurchalla, sued by a mining company, tells you to keep your chin up!
“Can you be sued for trying to save the world?” Maggy Hurchalla Two years ago,
‘Weed 9’ Water Activists Present Legal Claim Against Sacramento Law Firm for Filing Malicious Lawsuit Aimed at Silencing Free Speech
The Weed, California, community members claim Churchwell White LLP knowingly filed meritless and illegal SLAPP
- « Previous
- Next »