Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
Activists Defeat SLAPP Brought By Company With White Supremacist Ties
December 04, 2018
On November 30, 2018, San Francisco’s Superior Court issued an order granting anonymous antifascists’ motion to quash
Electronic Frontier Foundation Helps to Launch the “Protect the Protest” Task Force
September 14, 2018
David Ruiz describes how the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has worked to tackle SLAPPs, and
Court Shuts Down Monsanto’s SLAPP Against Avaaz
September 06, 2018
A Manhattan judge has denied an effort by agribusiness giant Monsanto to subpoena communications and
- « Previous