Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
Originally published via Amazon Watch By Paul Paz y Miño Yesterday, May 26th, was Chevron’s
For Immediate Release May 21, 2021 Contacts: Shoshana Wechsler at email@example.com +1.510.332.4110 Nyunt Than at
Chief Judge Laura Taylor SwainDaniel Patrick Moynihan United States CourthouseCourtroom 17C 500 Pearl St. New York, NY
March 11, 2021FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contacts:Jim Taylor, WCWC President 530-938-2080 firstname.lastname@example.orgBruce Shoemaker, WCWC media liaison,
Supreme Court Amicus Brief in Support of Florida Community Advocate SLAPPed by Mining Company Submitted
Reposted from PTP members, Civil Liberties Defense Center. Eugene, OR—On Saturday, October 10th, CLDC and
“Can you be sued for trying to save the world?” Maggy Hurchalla Two years ago,
‘Weed 9’ Water Activists Present Legal Claim Against Sacramento Law Firm for Filing Malicious Lawsuit Aimed at Silencing Free Speech
The Weed, California, community members claim Churchwell White LLP knowingly filed meritless and illegal SLAPP
Today, activists gathered outside Chevron’s annual meeting to tell CEO Michael Wirth that the company
U.N. must examine growing trend of U.S. corporations using courts to silence dissent, says free speech group
WASHINGTON, DC — Protect the Protest, an international task force of over 20 organizations working
In an article for Grist, Justine Calma and Paola Rosa-Aquino discuss a 1990s tactic that