Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
On November 30, 2018, San Francisco’s Superior Court issued an order granting anonymous antifascists’ motion to quash
Our democracy depends on checks and balances – and those who work to expose the
WASHINGTON, DC, October 18, 2018 — A new Greenpeace USA report “Still Too Far: Energy
Ben Paynter reports in Fast Company on the launch of the Protect the Protest task
David Ruiz describes how the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has worked to tackle SLAPPs, and
A Manhattan judge has denied an effort by agribusiness giant Monsanto to subpoena communications and
Human Rights Watch discusses a SLAPP filed by Resolute Forest Products against Greenpeace and Stand.earth,
In the Huffington Post, Katie Redford of EarthRights International discusses the growing trend in which American
The International Corporate Accountability Roundtable (ICAR) discusses a SLAPP filed by Resolute Forest Products against
The Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) discusses two SLAPPs brought by the law firm Kasowitz