Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
The ‘Weed 9’ Rallies Against Corporate Water Grab and Legal Bullying
SPRINGFIELD, OREGON – Residents of Weed, California are rallying today outside the headquarters of Roseburg
Activists Defeat SLAPP Brought By Company With White Supremacist Ties
On November 30, 2018, San Francisco’s Superior Court issued an order granting anonymous antifascists’ motion to quash
Energy Transfer Continues Aggressive Attempts to Silence Opposition: Greenpeace Report
WASHINGTON, DC, October 18, 2018 — A new Greenpeace USA report “Still Too Far: Energy
Hollywood’s Notorious Men Retaliate Against #MeToo Movement
Valentina Stackl of EarthRights International discusses the pervasive use of SLAPPs against #MeToo survivors. Stackl
Lawsuit Against Greenpeace Raises Freedom of Speech Concerns
Human Rights Watch discusses a SLAPP filed by Resolute Forest Products against Greenpeace and Stand.earth,
The New Corporate Playbook, Or What To Do When Environmentalists Stand In Your Way
In the Huffington Post, Katie Redford of EarthRights International discusses the growing trend in which American
Defending Dissent: SLAPP Lawsuits and the Fight For Free Speech
The International Corporate Accountability Roundtable (ICAR) discusses a SLAPP filed by Resolute Forest Products against
“I Say Corporations are Destroying the Planet. So Sue Me?”
The Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) discusses two SLAPPs brought by the law firm Kasowitz
7 Things You Need to Know About ETP’s Lawsuit Against Greenpeace
Greenpeace provides background on a SLAPP brought by Energy Transfer Pipelines, the company behind the
The Day I Was Treated Like a Mobster and Served a $300 Million Lawsuit for Defending Forests
Greenpeace’s senior forest campaigner Daniel Brindis describes his experience being sued as a Greenpeace employee by
- « Previous
- Next »