Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
The ‘Weed 9’ Rallies Against Corporate Water Grab and Legal Bullying
December 18, 2018
SPRINGFIELD, OREGON – Residents of Weed, California are rallying today outside the headquarters of Roseburg
Activists Defeat SLAPP Brought By Company With White Supremacist Ties
December 04, 2018
On November 30, 2018, San Francisco’s Superior Court issued an order granting anonymous antifascists’ motion to quash
Hollywood’s Notorious Men Retaliate Against #MeToo Movement
August 20, 2018
Valentina Stackl of EarthRights International discusses the pervasive use of SLAPPs against #MeToo survivors. Stackl
The New Corporate Playbook, Or What To Do When Environmentalists Stand In Your Way
August 10, 2018
In the Huffington Post, Katie Redford of EarthRights International discusses the growing trend in which American
- « Previous