Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
Tongue-in-cheek ‘SLAPP Awards’ celebrate the corporations, lawyers using courts to silence free speech
The Protect the Protest task force announces first-annual accolades for biggest legal bullies and shadiest
Last year was a busy year for corporate bullies in the US. It seems nowadays
Justice must be served in the Amazon In an effort to shareChevron’s widespread harms in
MIAMI, FLORIDA – Yesterday, a federal court dismissed a defamation lawsuit brought by a Russian
Our democracy depends on checks and balances – and those who work to expose the
Ben Paynter reports in Fast Company on the launch of the Protect the Protest task
This article by Camille Fassett of the Freedom of the Press Foundation describes a SLAPP