Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
In the 2020 legislative session, Louisville Representative Nima Kulkarni filed anti-SLAPP bill in the Kentucky
New York Times Feature: Maggy Hurchalla, Florida Environmental Activist, Continues SLAPP Fight Despite Recent Loss
In a recent New York Times article, Florida environmental activist Maggy Hurchalla discussed the ongoing SLAPP suit that was brought against her by Florida mining Company, Lake Point Restoration.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation analyzes Big Business’ “reform” of Texas’ anti-SLAPP law. This article is
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) describes what is at stake if a Texas anti-SLAPP statute gets
Joe Mullin of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) discusses an effort to weaken Texans’ right
The ACLU discusses how pipeline company Energy Transfer is abusing the judicial system in order
For Immediate Release May 21, 2021 Contacts: Shoshana Wechsler at email@example.com +1.510.332.4110 Nyunt Than at
We stand unequivocally behind the right to protest. And we stand unequivocally behind the fact
‘Weed 9’ Water Activists Present Legal Claim Against Sacramento Law Firm for Filing Malicious Lawsuit Aimed at Silencing Free Speech
The Weed, California, community members claim Churchwell White LLP knowingly filed meritless and illegal SLAPP
U.N. must examine growing trend of U.S. corporations using courts to silence dissent, says free speech group
WASHINGTON, DC — Protect the Protest, an international task force of over 20 organizations working