Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
International Organizations Demand DOJ Review Chevron’s Retaliatory Litigation against Human Rights Attorney Steven Donziger
Read the letter here Washington, D.C. – Thirteen international human rights and environmental watchdog organizations sent
PRESS RELEASE Blain Dillard is a parent of three sons living in Cary, NC, which is
New York Times Feature: Maggy Hurchalla, Florida Environmental Activist, Continues SLAPP Fight Despite Recent Loss
In a recent New York Times article, Florida environmental activist Maggy Hurchalla discussed the ongoing SLAPP suit that was brought against her by Florida mining Company, Lake Point Restoration.
On August 11, Water for Citizens of Weed, California (WCWC) issued a press release announcing
Last month, a network of South African civil society organizations launched the joint advocacy campaign Asina Loyiko: United Against Corporate Bullying.
Human Rights Watch: Green Activists are Fighting the Great Fight – but are being Dragged Down by Petty Lawsuits
In Newsweek, Marcos Orellana of Human Rights Watch describes how companies worldwide are bringing baseless
The ACLU discusses how pipeline company Energy Transfer is abusing the judicial system in order
Forestry Company Faces Challenge to Its “Responsible Timber” Certification After Waging Intimidation Campaign Against Local Community
WEED, CALIFORNIA – Citizens of Weed, California filed a complaint today with the Forest Stewardship
By Paul Paz y MiñoOriginally published in Eye on the Amazon Today, human rights lawyer
After decades of legal battles with Chevron, Steven Donziger has been convicted of six counts of