Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
In the 2020 legislative session, Louisville Representative Nima Kulkarni filed anti-SLAPP bill in the Kentucky
PRESS RELEASE Blain Dillard is a parent of three sons living in Cary, NC, which is
Last month, a network of South African civil society organizations launched the joint advocacy campaign Asina Loyiko: United Against Corporate Bullying.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation analyzes Big Business’ “reform” of Texas’ anti-SLAPP law. This article is
Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) describes what is at stake if a Texas anti-SLAPP statute gets
Joe Mullin of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) discusses an effort to weaken Texans’ right
For Immediate Release May 21, 2021 Contacts: Shoshana Wechsler at firstname.lastname@example.org +1.510.332.4110 Nyunt Than at
MIAMI, FLORIDA – Yesterday, a federal court dismissed a defamation lawsuit brought by a Russian
SPRINGFIELD, OREGON – Residents of Weed, California are rallying today outside the headquarters of Roseburg
On November 30, 2018, San Francisco’s Superior Court issued an order granting anonymous antifascists’ motion to quash